martes, 2 de noviembre de 2010

portrait of a disappeared garden

Hi there,
again I had to change plans... The plan was to show a portrait I was supposed to draw today. Don't misanderstand me! I did draw it but, after all the time I spent with it, I was so disappointed that I refuse to show it. So, I will post something different instead.

A couple of days ago I opened a little box I had kept closed (with precinct!) for six years (no kidding). The little box survived the multiple movings of the last years and contains very valuable stuff like pictures, beautiful postcards I collected, letters, nices envelopes and little things. One of the treasures I found in it is a drawing I made (at least 6 years ago) depicting a garden -in which I spent many hours- and which does not exist anymore... Sadly, the garden -and the house it was attached to- were torn down to be replaced by a parking area! Here it goes, a piece of my past (I definitely have to do something with this sketch...)

3 comentarios:

  1. Nur, that is a beautiful sketch! There is a very romantic old fashioned feel to it. You do need to do something with it. :0)

    Mari

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Nice Sketch!!
    the lines and shading are fabulous!!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Great sketch, very expressive lines! Sketching garden scenes must be challenging, with all the different plants and such.

    Shame it's all a parking lot now :P

    ResponderEliminar